We help our clients to understand why U.N. policy matters to their current public affairs and business objectives.
Agreed upon unanimously by the United Nations member states in September 2015, the Sustainable Development Goals set out a framework to tackle the world’s most pressing social, economic, and environmental challenges in the lead-up to 2030.
The private sector has a critical role to play in the realization of these ambitions as a source of finance, an engine of economic growth and employment, a driver of innovation and a champion for human rights. Businesses that take an active role in leading this transformation and position the SDGs at the heart of operational decisions will ultimately be better placed to harness emerging market opportunities, manage risks and consolidate an enduring license to operate through to 2030 and beyond.
We are living in the ‘Decade of Action’: The coming years will be crucial to achieve the SDGs in wake of urgent and bigger than ever global issues such as climate disasters, pandemic recovery, and the emergence and governance of new technologies. For the first time since their foundation, the United Nations and other multilateral institutions urgently call upon the private sector and broader society: policy and practice show that public-private coalitions are pivotal in making SDG ambitions reality.
- Doing nothing is a costly option: Environmental and social burdens restrain future growth prospects in almost all industries;
- No business as usual: Cross-cutting threats like the pandemic and climate change require collaboration across sectors, supply chains and economic systems;
- Long-term regulatory risk: National and regional governments increasingly base policy on the SDGs;
- Develop a more resilient business model: Understanding the SDGs provides insight in the changing trends and policies in the systems in which your company operates;
- Reputational risk: Stakeholders look to business to engage meaningfully in this agenda;
- New ot hea l governance and transparency: The market increasingly requires businesses to disclose sustainability risks and impacts and to price these appropriately;
- Market incentives: There is more and more demand for SDG-relevant technologies and solutions through sustainable and inclusive business models;
- Growth of sustainable finance: Investors increasingly seek partnerships with business, civil society and governments to take action in managing global impact risks.
- Strong license to operate: Differentiate yourself from competitors and build trust among governments, shareholders, and customers;
- Communicate sustainability efforts: The SDGs provide a global common language to showcase CSR efforts.
- New dynamic to governance and transparency: The market increasingly requires businesses to disclose sustainability risks and impacts and to price these appropriately
- No business as usual: Cross-cutting threats like the pandemic and climate change require collaboration across sectors, supply chains and economic systems
- Growth of sustainable finance: Investors increasingly seek partnerships with business, civil society and governments to take action in managing global impact risks
Global Public Affairs Training
Dr2 Consultants New York provides you with the necessary knowledge and tools to effectively deliver messages at a global level. As a Global Public Affairs professional, much of your work is dedicated to getting the commitment of your organization in order to operate effectively in the world and the governance systems in which it operates. Dr2 Consultants New York supports you and your organization with a customized training to become a proactive thought leader.
Dr2 Consultants New York offers a wide range of tailor-made services targeted to organizations and professionals active in public or private sectors and whose work is impacted by Global policies and governance. Dr2 Consultants New York provides support in:
- Providing you with knowledge about how the U.N. institutions work, state-of-the-art Global Public Affairs strategies, why the SDGs matter for your business and instruments that are necessary for effective and efficient Global Public Affairs activities;
- Empowering Public Affairs professionals through one-on-one coaching sessions in order to become more confident and independent in executing the job;
- Setting up the right organizational structure to (re)align business pursuits with Sustainable Development Goals.
Policy and media monitoring is a time-intensive process. Dr2 Consultants New York has extensive experience, networks and resources to monitor developments at UN- and global level, providing a clear, concise and tailor-made monitoring service about legislative developments. Based on your needs, Dr2 Consultants New York also delivers targeted Global Public Affairs advice based on the monitoring services.
We monitor developments of international institutions such as the United Nations and its relevant departments, the World Bank, the IMF, but also of international fora such as the World Economic Forum and COPs.
Our expertise in policy monitoring includes:
- Regular updates on latest developments of relevant policy areas;
- Up-to-date information on the status of decision-making process for each relevant file;
- Tailored overview of the opportunities and threats that can affect your business;
- A more effective and targeted stakeholder outreach with the help of tailored advice provided along with the monitoring services.
Dr2 Consultants New York organizes tailor-made inspiration trips in New York to the United Nations Headquarters and other relevant international institutions. The goal of this trip is to experience the activities of the U.N. that are relevant to your organization in real life, contributing to the understanding of the importance of the SDGs. This inspiration trip can also be combined with relevant stakeholder meetings and/or on location workshops.Read more
On U.N. level, there is a plethora of funding available for organizations and initiatives that advance progress on the SDGs. Our funding consultants guide you in the process of identifying appropriate funding mechanisms, and ensure that you meet the criteria in the application process. Where needed, we can also assist with a public affairs strategy surrounding the funding application process.Contact us for more info